We’re looking for an experienced storyteller who can manage strategic projects as an editor. You will be responsible for conceiving, assigning and editing content for general and highly targeted audiences. You should be organized, disciplined, entrepreneurial and curious, able to turn a high-concept project idea into a story or series of inspirational stories—or utilitarian, educational stories—across formats. We value experience because we’re competing with the best traditional publishers, and brands, to help our customers make the most of their money.
You’ll report to the Newsroom’s Managing Editor, and work closely with key stakeholders, including:
• Content strategists who manage the team’s relationship with various lines of business
• Creative lead, who helps develop visual content
• Executives across the broader organization (social media team members, and representatives from the Legal and Compliance departments).
You’ll also manage external creators and vendors. You must live in metropolitan New York City, so that you can build face-to-face relationships in the offices a few days each month.
Primary duties will include:
• Conceive and develop several high-impact content projects and series—across platforms and formats—each quarter
• Oversee the development of up to 25 stories each month, from concept to publication
• Manage business unit requests for content to support key initiatives
• Build, vet and manage a network of creators to develop stories, graphics, infographics and videos
• Field and vet story pitches from external and internal media partners – guided by data, and content produced by the best traditional publishers and brands
• Edit content produced by creators you directly manage, ensuring content with visual appeal. And, of course, accuracy, grammar, relevance and brand alignment
• Edit content produced by internal and external partners, including publishers and video production firms
• Other duties as assigned