We’re looking for a dynamic visual digital designer for a well know university here in the Boston area! This is with their high profile e-publishing and academic content platform. We’re looking for someone who is strategic, creative and can help be a conceptual designer as well as someone who has strong visual design sense. You will work with the digital design team and in close collaboration with Product, UX, Editorial, Marketing and Tech teams.
We’re looking for someone with a clean and modern design aesthetic who has a strong eye for layout design. This is FULL TIME, 3+ month assignment with the option to possibly go perm for the right person.
In this job you will:
* Design layouts, user flows and interactive features. You will have the opportunity to participate in the entire design process from beginning to the end: from brainstorming sessions, workshops and presenting to stakeholders.
* Develop prototypes for user testing and participate in tests and iteration of design following test results.
* Provide design specs and feedback throughout the development process.
Ideal candidates should have the following:
* Bachelor of Arts degree in design or design-related course of study.
* professional experience in design for digital platforms preferred.
* Design portfolio documenting professional experience in digital design.
* A strong commitment toward human-centered design thinking.
* Familiarity with creating prototypes and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision and Axure, preferred.
* Knowledge of Adobe CS- must be extremely used to using photoshop, illustration and indesign
* Strong attention to detail, ability to handle many tasks concurrently, ability to work fast under deadlines.
Apply for the Digital Designer position
Must have an online portfolio, resume and please submit with your rate/hour expectations.
Candidates that can work full time and on-site will only be considered.