Job Title: Digital Designer
Salary: £50k - £55k + benefits
Start date: December 2014
We are looking for a talented Digital Designer to join and an iconic news services company.
This role offers a great opportunity to create a new design vision for 2 high-profile websites. You will be joining a small, digitally-focused design team, working alongside on-site Development and UX teams, reporting directly into the Head Of Digital.
THE DIGITAL DESIGNER WILL:
● Be responsible for the design and user experience of the digital output for the 2 main websites.
● Work hands-on as a Digital Designer, while also establishing a design vision, philosophy and work process for the Digital Design team.
● Work with colleagues across various teams / studio touchpoints, including design, content, ux, product, development, technology, commercial and marketing departments.
● Work closely with the existing design teams (print and digital), Creative Leads and Art Director.
THE CHOSEN CANDIDATE WILL:
● Have a strong understanding of user experience design and user research methodologies.
● Be able to conceive, execute and direction others on all aspects of the design process and user experience.
● Be confident and capable working with multiple stakeholders and influencing people across various departments.
● Be able to plan, manage and deliver fast-paced projects with multiple work streams.
● Excel at articulating the reasoning behind design decisions.
● Be passionate about the user experience, websites, digital platforms and brands, but be flexible in balancing technical and business requirements.
● Proven background in designing high-quality products and content, across all aspects a project’s development, including both responsive websites and native apps.
● Strong portfolio showing previous visual, interaction and user experience design work.
● Proven team management, planning and leadership skills.
● Solid understanding of UI/UX design and high interest in inventing and developing new experiences for all devices.
● Solid understanding of user research methodologies and their relative merits.
● Experience working with large development teams and Agile methodologies.
● Experience within the media, news, publishing industries is preferable.
A comprehensive and progressive benefits packaged is offered that goes well beyond annual leave and pension. The packaging includes Bikes For Work, childcare scheme, commuter loans, life assurance, maternity & paternity leave, long service awards, voluntary accident insurance, plus health & wellbeing benefits such as private medical insurance, health screening, eye care plan, counselling service.
A leading news service company.
A CV outlining your experience to date, along with a portfolio showcasing your digital design skills, ideally highlighting UX and development considerations, and including high-profile digital publication / news portal design projects/
There will be a 2 stage interview process, meeting with the design team and the Head of Digital.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Digital Designer