My client are a full service marketing agency specialising in Financial Services. They are involved in a variety of projects ranging from full blown marketing campaigns that span all disciplines within the agency and have digital elements as part of that mix to the design and development of complex web application software.
Reporting to the Head of Digital and Executive Creative Director, the digital designer will be responsible for:
- The creation, production and output of online/web based design
- Leading the Wireframing and user journey development and other UX activities including development of prototyping
- Developing digital concepts as part of large scale campaigns
You will provide a bridge between the development team and the wider creative team who will rely upon your advice. You will also work with project teams, delivering advice and guidance around the impact of design-led decisions.
This agency are really passionate about what they do. This means that you need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Social – strong teams, working together
• Curious – questioning and learning
• Open – minds, better ideas and relationships
• Responsible – a force for good
• Entrepreneurial – in everything
• Expert – passionate about being a specialist
And the business will expect you to:
1. Be positive at all times, and help them to find solutions to web and online design problems
2. Be a source of information about online and web design
3. Be the go to person for web and design solutions
4. Take a leading role in the quality of digital design output from the agency
5. Have a full role in the development of digital ideas for campaigns
Your role specifically will require you to undertake the following on behalf of the business:
- Liaison, discussion and development of web concepts with Executive Creative Director, Project Directors or Managers and other creative staff, prior and subsequent to client comments.
- Development of production of web design, this could be developing original material or overseeing and advising on the way we should develop
- Manage conversations with project teams and provide consultancy for the teams as to best practices in development
- Oversee digital design from other designers within the creative department
Your role with regard to new business:
• Provide assistance to the team in development of new business materials as appropriate to new and existing clients.
• You will be required to contribute design work to new business pitches
Your key skills – applications
• MS Office
• Actionscript 2and3
Your role responsibilities within the agency:
• Be a passionate advocate of the design process within the agency
• Ensure that you keep up-to-date with the way that design and UX is developing to ensure we are able to provide cutting edge solutions
• Help to raise the level of understanding around production
• Working closely with the head of development to create workable online solutions
• To improve the quality of digital design work from the rest of the creative team
• Highly developed interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills.
• Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
• Strong organisational skills to ensure smooth flow of work through agency.
• Time management and the ability to determine priorities.
• Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels.
• Passionate about digital communications.
• Having the ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
Reports to: Head of Digital and Executive Creative Director
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- An interest in graphics, typography, print, digital design, branding and an awareness of design trends
- Good layout skills with a keen eye for detail
- An ability to work to a deadline and take on creative critique to evolve designs to the highest quality
- Fully Mac competent with an expert understanding of Adobe
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs