Our client is a large financial institution in Hartford, Connecticut and they are looking for a Digital Designer with a minimum of 3 years professional experience to join their team for a 6+ month contract with the potential to go permanent. This Digital Designer role is 40 hours a week onsite, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Digital Designer will work collaboratively with the User Experience (UX) team and participate in user research, design, and usability testing in the creation of user-centered applications and websites. The Digital Designer will collaborate with technology, business areas, and execution teams to deliver effective, efficient, and desirable solutions that enable to the business to meet its goals.
This Digital Designer role is a balance between the User Experience (UX) fields of research and interaction design.
The ideal Digital Designer candidate will have the ability to:
* Conduct behavioral user research to help inform the design and delivery of effective user experiences.
* Create prototypes / mock up interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows that match user expectations, technical capabilities and business goals. Direct to consumer web design experience is desired.
* Represent designs through the creation of high quality wireframes and prototypes in Microsoft Visio, Axure (other software tool experience is acceptable).
* Create protocols and conduct usability testing to identify issues and opportunities for improvements.
* Work closely with developers, business analysts and business owners to effectively communicate user behavior research, design decisions and usability study findings.
* Be an effective and conscientious user advocate.