Our client, a leader in home goods is looking for a Digital Designer! This role is full-time hours on-site in Chatsworth, CA. This will start out as a contract, but if all goes well, you may have the opportunity to become a full-time employee of the company!
The Web Graphic Designer works on a variety of campaigns, marketing initiatives, and site design projects; creating clean and compelling designs in order to elevate the aesthetic of our brands. The Web Graphic Designer works with marketing staff to ensure deadlines for time-sensitive tasks are met, and that brand consistency and quality are maintained within their projects. This position reports to senior Web design staff.
• Create unique and innovative designs for all brands in collaboration with senior team members and marketing/executive stakeholders.
• Conceptualize and execute compelling designs for email marketing campaigns and triggered email templates.
• Contribute to the development of visual assets for homepages and landing pages, sale events, and other website applications.
• Collaborate with the Site Optimization team to execute final creative designs from wireframes and prototypes for new web sites, pages and applications.
• Aid senior team members in the evaluation and communication of current trends in photography, type design and color.
• Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must have 3+ years professional experience designing for Web and new media projects, preferably for retail/e-commerce.
• Outstanding design skills and creativity, with a focus on clean and refined retail/e-commerce oriented aesthetics.
• Strong understanding of Web design, typography, color theory and current website/application standards.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator)
• Working knowledge of current HTML and CSS coding practices.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Excellent communication, project management and prioritization skills.
• Must be comfortable working in a mixed OSX and Windows environment.