If you’re someone who thinks creatively and is not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done, then this career-defining role may be for you! Our awesome client is seeking a contract/freelance Digital Content Writer. This role is in Newark, NJ, 40 hour a week, 6 months (with extension).
Over the years, our trusted Fortune 500 financial and insurance client has built a reputation based on service, advice and trust. Today, this company’s name and distinctive logo are among the most recognizable brands in U.S. Did you know -
- The global company was founded in a basement ofﬁce in downtown Newark, N.J.
- A former high school teacher set a sales record for an individual agent in 1954 by selling $2.5 million in his ﬁrst nine months of employment.
As the client says “we are looking for a lead writer who can make UX feel EZ” - a writer who knows when to give clear, concise direction that inspires action, but can also engage any user in a friendly conversation – even about complicated financial topics – with easy-to-understand language.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a high volume of high-quality UX and web copy will be Job 1, and create email copy that jumps out of a recipient’s crowded inbox. Click-worthy subject lines and great copy are just part of a normal, fast-paced day. The client is also expecting strong conceptual thinking across all media and all projects – intuitively seeing the narrative and knowing how to articulate it.
- Develop best-in-class copy that establishes style, quality and tone of voice in all digital channels (product UX, web, email, video scripts, articles and other formats)
- Understand key audiences and provide guidance on the best way to engage based on where they are in their journey (how content will deepen relationships with customers and prospects and inspire action)
- You will interface with the company’s leadership across business units and their new marketing team called Customer Office which is a growing team of marketing, technology, product and data pros who develop digitally centric customer engagement platforms for business units including retirement/401K, group insurance, asset management, life insurance and annuities. The Customer Office team merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world’s most established financial services companies and strives to drive simplicity and superior customer experience across all customer touch points.
- Drive consistency of voice across all platforms and content and collaborate with creative team on the visual expression of our content
What You Will Need:
- You must be able to deliver clean and powerful copy across multiple deadlines and initiatives, work well with others, be passionate about the smallest projects, and be driven by business outcomes and not just hosannas of colleagues who ‘love your stuff.’
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern digital copy and content – developing narratives to build customer and prospect relationships
- Proven ability to write, edit, and proof copy on many topics across multiple content formats
- Understanding of calls to action that will drive results in digital and subject lines and copy that will drive engagement in email
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as a process-driven mindset
- Agency experience on a financial or tech account that required communicating in a very human, way would be fantastic!
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree a strong advantage
- Candidates are required to submit writing samples as well as digital experiences you were involved in developing. For each submission, please include a brief summary of the following: 1) intended outcome; 2) underlying assumptions about the project and target audience; 3) results.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com