Our client, a well-known London museum, is looking to take on a Digital Content Manager to a 2 month assignment. The role is responsible for developing and delivering digital content relating to the Museum’s commercial activities.
Working closely with the Commercial Development and International Engagement teams, the Digital Content Manager will plan, source, write, edit and publish content, evaluating its impact and using technical expertise to advise on opportunities to drive revenue in line with strategic objectives.
• Take responsibility for the day-to-day management, maintenance and development of digital content in support of teams in the Commercial Development and International Engagement departments, and be the first point of contact for relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure content on website section home pages, key landing pages and other digital is fresh, relevant and timely.
• Lead the development of consistently high-quality, timely, rich programmes of digital content, responding to briefs, creating content plans and writing, commissioning, publishing and evaluating programmes of content.
• Develop a planning cycle for day-to-day and longer-term digital content from concept to implementation and retirement, ensuring appropriate processes and resources are in place.
• Represent the Digital Content Development team on Museum commercial projects, providing digital production expertise and advising on best-practice solutions and opportunities, in line with the Museum’s vision, audiences, objectives and principles for digital content.
• Train and advise website content contributors to adhere to the Museum’s online content guidelines and general best practice for developing online content, and to use the Museum’s content management system.
• Ensure that all content and digital products meet guidelines for web content production
• Understand and champion the needs of the Museum’s digital audiences, apply learnings from usage statistics, user research and feedback and industry trends and refine and optimize content accordingly.
• Relevant experience in journalism, science communication, digital media or publishing
• Significant experience of managing digital content development for a large organisation, with a particular focus on producing digital content for public events, commercial activity and e-commerce.
• A demonstrable track record of developing sales-led digital content, helping improve conversion rates and drive income, as well as of developing extensive programmes of digital content incorporating short and long-form editorial, multimedia and creative storytelling.
• Outstanding English language writing skills including the ability to write clear and engaging copy, to condense technical source material into accessible content with broad appeal, and to edit the content of others and suggest improvements substantiated by guidelines and content objectives.
• Demonstrable experience of producing content that responds to strategic direction and organisational objectives, meets best practice in writing for digital platforms and adheres to a house style.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of digital production software including content management systems, web-based tools for project management, document-sharing and media-processing, in particular Adobe Photoshop.
• Excellent planning and project-management skills with proven experience of working with agile methodology and user research, and of prioritising and managing concurrent projects and tasks, including those undertaken by others, while ensuring deadlines are met.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a natural ability for diplomacy, collaboration and negotiation with staff at all levels of seniority.
• A demonstrable interest in new developments in digital media technology, and an understanding of how to identify new opportunities and implement them to meet audience and organisational needs.
• The ability to work flexibly, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise the workload accordingly.
• A positive attitude, a high degree of integrity and professionalism and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs