Our client is looking for an experienced content strategist and editor to work with their creative team on the development of websites and digital projects that support the organization's marketing efforts. This position is primarily responsible for creating start-to-finish website content strategy and developing content in an agile team setting.
Talent will be based onsite at our client's Richmond, VA office, working 30-35 hours per week. The project will run for roughly 2-3 months.
- Execute the content phase of digital projects
- Collaborate with team members to develop and present concepts to stakeholders
- Provide content strategy recommendations based on stakeholder and client interviews, content inventories, website audits, competitive assessments and website metrics
- Develop site maps to establish content organizational hierarchy on the site and content outlines; provide rationale for proposed content strategy
- Write and edit content that accurately reflects the organization's brand
- Review test sites for accuracy, functionality and nomenclature
- Make client changes and updates copy in a content management system
- Work with manager overseeing writers and editors. Engage with other writers from the team, providing them with strategy and editing their work as needed.
- Experience writing and editing web content for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated research and interview skills
- Knowledge of web structure, user experience and industry trends
- Proficiency with AP Style
- Excellent conceptual thinking skills with ability to clearly explain rationale and recommendations to team mates and clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field preferred; a combination of experience, education and/or training may be substituted