One of our valued clients in the oil and gas business is seeking a Digital Content Strategist.
The Digital Content Specialist will implement brand and content strategy by developing, editing and integrating compelling content across all digital channels, both internally and externally.
Specifically, this team member will understand best practices in creating and integrating content for social media, websites, e-mail campaigns, apps and employee ambassador programs.
This team member will execute internal and external strategic campaigns by creating, designing and curating digital and social media content.
The Digital Content Strategist will write content for the employee ambassador program, and contribute expertise and ideas to the overall corporate communications strategy, especially as it relates to using SEO/SEM to reach objectives.
• Content creation and posting
o Create content for digital platforms, website, ambassador mobile app, social media, and video presentations
o Report and cover company events of interest for feature articles and videos on internal and external platforms.
o Edit and post text and video through content management systems to digital channels.
o Interface with company subject matter experts to gather and research information
o Review and revise article and webpage copy to ensure it is complete, accurate and consistent with brand
o Develop plan to integrate search engine optimization strategy into digital and social media content
• Company knowledge and brand understanding
o Connect with internal subject matter experts, business partners to learn about and gather information on proposed company initiatives, upcoming events and holidays, and discover opportunities to leverage content to promote the client brand on our internal and external websites.
o Work to understand our company’s brand strategy and business objectives and possess the ability to quickly learn and articulate a variety of subject areas.
o Build knowledge base of company’s businesses and strategies
• Performance reporting.
o Report regularly on work progress and maintain thorough communications with team members and Director, Content Strategy and Digital Media
o Contribute to best-in-class culture of Digital Media team by staying abreast of new technologies, software, and trends in video and multimedia production
Champion process and project improvements
o Work with the Sr. Advisor Campaign Strategy to report accurate project metrics and recordkeeping
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Quick learning of corporate narrative and brand voice
• Positive influence on team members.
• Energy, innovation, and leadership to solve problems.
• Strong level of initiative to accomplish goals efficiently and effectively.
• Proactive transparency and discussion of information with team members.
• Act in a positive and professional manner when acting as a departmental representative
• Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented and have excellent time management & organization skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, design or related degree
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
• Effective organizational and project-management skills
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Experience working in and evaluating Web content-management systems like SharePoint
• Experience with SEO (search engine optimization) and a general understanding of how to use search insights to drive content improvements
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to identify critical insights (whether through trends or through hard data) and organize them into actionable plans that can be shared across content team
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Proficiency in Photoshop
• Experience with writing content for corporate ambassador program.
• High-level communications experience in oil & gas industry, or in major company with global reach
• Proven leadership ability in collaborative, dynamic team environment
• Exceptional work ethic
• Experience managing multiple projects and team members
• Experience with latest standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
• Experience with social media, cross-platform publishing, and evolving trends in mobile publishing and design.