We are seeking a consultant to work with our Fortune 500 client in this Digital Content Manager role. The Consultant will be responsible for writing clear, concise and understandable digital content of all kinds for various web portals, especially a large and highly transactional customer portal. The Content Manager will need to take complex health care ideas/terminology/processes and simplify for the end-user/customer/B2C audience, adhering to accepted brand and style guides, in-house content standards, and general best practices.
This is a fast-paced team and Consultants must hit the ground running with a demonstrated ability to self-direct daily and weekly tasks, priorities and deadlines. Ideal candidate will stay cool under pressure, adapt to stressors, and keep the Big Picture in perspective.
- Produce original content or edited content of all kinds that is precise, engaging, concise, and is mindfully self-edited for accuracy and correctness, all under aggressive timelines and while juggling multiple projects and requests.
- Engage daily with multiple technical, business, and design teams; distill business goals, requirements, and technical constraints to identify a clear content pathway.
- Be a champion for internal digital content standards, digital marketing standards, and brand guidelines as they relate to content strategy, tone, voice and style.
- Balance small and large project demands and timelines on a day-to-day and week-by-week basis.
- Plan, prioritize and lead regular content review meetings with relevant stakeholders and bring an expert level of subject matter expertise to the table to arrive at agreement on final drafts; must be able to steer conversations and debate related to content, understand business goals, technical constraints, and demonstrate subject matter expertise in the area of digital content.
- Steward legal review and Spanish translation of content, as needed.
- Ensure all copydecks (our internal content documents and deliverables) are properly documented and in alignment with our accepted processes.
- Create new copydecks as needed following standardized formats and practices.
- Monitor customer feedback tool, cull feedback related to content, and make recommendations for content improvements, as needed.
- Ensure editorial integrity of the site, from identifying old and outdated content to typographical errors.
- Work cooperatively with other Copywriters/Editors and the Content Manager on customer portal (web and mobile) for collaboration, brainstorming, and delivery of a cohesive content strategy.