Vitamin T is seeking a Digital Content Editor to work as part of a corporate marketing team responsible for all aspects of content, which includes development, design, production, presentation, evaluation and analysis. You will use data and feedback to help evaluate and enhance the value of the content.
Our ideal candidate is someone who absolutely loves writing and has a flair for storytelling. The candidate must possess excellent writing and editing skills, as well as understand the special considerations for writing for the Web and the wide variety of devices that can access the Internet. We need someone who has an eye for detail and who can provide constructive feedback to a group of summer interns who will help develop the content. The role will require research to help inform stories. The ideal candidate is creative and witty, while thoughtful when interacting with peers and executives. Because this position will help manage a team of interns, we prefer a candidate who has some management experience.
Every week of your contract position you will be required to edit up to 25 blog posts, review corresponding videos, and potentially review or write other digital marketing content.
What You Will Learn:
- How to develop and run a digital marketing content team for a technology company
- How to create and effectively manage an editorial calendar
- How content success is measured (Google Analytics)
- How content is shared using marketing automation software (Marketo)
- How digital content is shared across social media including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- How content is used in marketing automation campaigns
- How to work as part of a team as well as being a critical contributor
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or Communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Supervise contributors who provide content.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interested in technology and the impact it has on how everyone works today
The position begins June 1, 2017 and ends September 15, 2017. Candidates that fulfill the role well will be considered for full-time employment and/or a contract extension at the end of the term. You are expected to work 40 hours a week. A writing test and writing samples are required.