Role: Digital Content Editor (Motorsports)
Placement type: Full-time freelance
Duration: 12 month rolling
Start date: 5th May 2014
WHO YOU ARE
You’re not scared of hard work and getting your hands dirty. Your friends describe you as a car enthusiast, and you can even translate into simple terms why Mercedes seem to be in a league of their own in the F1 championship so far this year. You're a passionate wordsmith with an eye for design, extending your creative skills to develop simple visual assets for social media. And most importantly, you evangelize what our customers want and turn that into commercial value for the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, results-oriented community/social media manager/ copywriter to join a Global Digital team, supporting our digital content strategy. You will be a digital native, serving as a resource and advisor in the Retail Digital team, responsible for supporting activities to nurture our fan base, increasing brand preference, and managing our relationship with customers through community management, creative marketing and content planning.
> You are a:
- Customer Advocate: you’ll represent the customer. Listening, monitoring and being active in responding to customers when they interact with us on our own platforms, as well as off them. You’ll lean on advocates, and embrace detractors.
- Brand Evangelist: you’ll promote events, products, advice and services in a natural way to our audience as the champion and voice of our brand.
- Savvy Communications Specialist: the role is responsible for implementing the editorial calendar, and will work with many internal stakeholders to identify and take guidance from to plan content, brief the production of assets, as well as publish and monitor on a daily basis:
> Your primary responsibility is writing sharp copy for social media, creation of light-weight templated assets, and management of positive conversations within our communities. You’ll identify and plan this content alongside other members of the Retail Digital team, brief production of assets to our agency, as well as identify unique opportunities to connect the brand with cultural events eg. Easter, social trends eg. #tbt, or have fun with the way we proactively engage fans with our products/services eg. Tacito Tuesdays.
> Secondary to this will be:
- content marketing – writing optimised copy for planned paid media amplification
- website and app content - writing, editing, and image editing
> As the advocate for our customers, you’ll provide the wider team with a weekly insight into what works, what doesn’t, what people are talking about when they talk about our brand, and what’s coming up.
> You’ll then combine your insights with the insights from formal performance reports and apply learning’s to your day to day optimisation of content.
> You’re responsible for a wide range of content across a number of digital platforms, so you’ll need a strong knowledge of how to optimise copy and formats to work best on each platform eg. websites, apps and varying social platforms.
> You will maintain best practices for the creation and management of all content.
> Set a high standard in terms of general behaviour, appearance and professionalism.
The role requires someone with a strong balance of creative skills and commercial acumen to understand how to write great copy to inspire conversation, while at the same time, striking a balance to ensure we support our sales objectives.
Critical to success will be demonstration of emotional intelligence to know how best to work with multiple stakeholders across the world to get things done. Previous experience delivering great community engagement in a corporate client-side role will be valuable.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
- Experience and passion in the motoring/motorsports sector
- 2-3 years experience writing compelling copy for online channels, specifically social media
- Excellent conversational skills
- High attention to detail and a problem solver
- Fluent in English, additional languages an advantage
- Detail orientated with a hunger for knowledge
- Flexible, cooperative and a real team player
- Super strong writer with an eye for visual execution
- Ability to operate in a global, high-pressured and fast paced team
- Business and/or Marketing qualifications.
A global brand within the energy sector with a marketing team creating content for more than 70 countries and territories.
Please apply with your CV and an email / cover letter highlighting your relevant experience writing content for the above mentioned sectors / platforms.
Please note all candidates will need to undertake a 2 stage interview process.
** Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Role: Digital Content Editor (Motorsports)