This open-ended freelance/consulting Digital Content Editor & Writer role for one of our valued financial service clients, is a terrific opportunity, mid-town NYC, onsite, 40 hours a week, health-care benefits offered, paid sick-time, much more. Specifically, our client is looking for a strong editorial talent, someone who writes and edits and can partner with internal financial clients to help with content development.
A little about this client - our community minded blue-chip financial service company’s inspiring employees dedicate time and dollars to The Headstrong Project which provides counseling service for veterans with PTSD. Commerce and Humanity come together - www.getheadstrong.
What You Will Do:
- The Digital Strategy Group manages the overall strategy, content and user experience for the Firm’s external digital marketing and communications providing guidance, consultation, and hands-on services in support of both business and technology divisions.
- As Content Editor & Writer you will join a core team responsible for shaping the coverage, creation, and flow of the Firm’s thought leadership, business stories, employee profiles, etc.
- You will work with the digital team, who manages the flagship website, partnering with Corporate Communications, Marketing to generate features, infographics, video, and mixed-media content.
- As Content Editor & Writer, you will also manage relationships with business partners and workflow from inception to publication focusing on shaping original content into essential storylines geared for a broad audience of site visitors.
What You Need:
- Financial services knowledge with work demonstrating evidence of design ownership in a corporate environment
- 5+ years managing and/or editing public Website for a large corporation with multiple stakeholders and a broad audience.
- Expertise in style, writing, reporting, editing, and working with a network of multimedia content originators for Web, Social, Mobile and other digital channels.
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a newsroom-style organization, with an instinct for storytelling that balances the key priorities of diverse business stakeholders with the need to attract a broader audience of sophisticated readers interested in financial-industry stories, all within the context of how that audience interacts with digital content today on multiple devices and platforms in an always-on and interconnected world.
- Expertise in the dynamics of online content creation, management, and curation to drive brand reputation, new business, and to support existing clients.
- Expertise with CMS, SEO, and using analytics to drive content-creation and management.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org