Are you a MarComm expert with a passion for SEO? We have an excellent opportunity in downtown Milwaukee!
Digital Content Editor
The Digital Content Editor is accountable for efficiently delivering high-quality, compelling digital content to our workforce via our intranet site. The Editor will consult with business partners to create content plans for their intranet sites reviewing, writing, and editing copy. The Editor will be the site curator for the Communications Department SharePoint site and will develop Communications division SharePoint sites for collaboration. The Editor will work closely with the social media team to develop and publish content.
• A skilled editor/writer with a knack for adapting copy based on the audience and platform with the ability to be highly collaborative and work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
• A knowledgeable digital expert who understands:
• Web standards and website architecture with the ability to organize content into a user-friendly structure
• SEO principles and how to leverage key words
• SharePoint as collaboration and development tools
• Content management systems
• An experienced communicator with a confident and knowledgeable voice about what constitutes effective digital content including appropriate tone, clarity, reading level, style, grammar usability and keywords.
• A positive, collaborative team player who also takes pride in individual accomplishments and adheres to a high personal standard of excellence.
• Work with business partners and Digital Workplace Consultants to develop a content strategy and plan for their site on our intranet.
• Review and edit content submitted as part of a new site, annual audit or site transition.
• Ensure a business area’s pages on our intranet are relevant, up to date, engaging, concise and consistent, and advance the business area’s mission and brand.
• Work closely with the social media team to develop content, write headlines, create visuals and publish.
• Serve as Content Curator for the Communication department’s intranet site including proactively managing site updates, new features and content and site strategy.
* Publish information online using content management system, existing tools and templates.
* Collaborate with site curator community for best practices discussions.
• Lead the Communications department in development of our SharePoint collaboration site, working closely with each division to understand their needs and collaboration goals.
* Develop sections for each division.
* Use available tools to gather and interpret web analytics reports. Share metrics and use data to help drive adoption, determine additional content needed, and suggest strategic site improvements.
* Train each division on how to effectively use SharePoint as a collaboration tool and reduce their use of the LAN.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, English or related field and 3-5 years of professional experience.
• The ability to translate complex concepts into clear and compelling language is required.
• Creativity and passion for editing/writing and digital media are a must.
• Knowledge of AP Style guidelines, web analytics, SEO principles and best practices
• Ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines.