We are looking for a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) with AEM experience for a 3-6+ month assignment that has the potential of going full-time.
The DAM Administrator will manage the work flows and decisions surrounding the acquisition, ingestion, annotation, metadata, archival, retrieval and distribution of digital assets for multiple purposes while maintaining brand consistency and visual continuity. Digital assets consist primarily of photography, video, animation, illustrations, logos, presentation and, in some instances, PDF documents.
The DAM Administrator will function as the primary resource for all photo requests. He/she will be responsible for hiring and managing photographers to capture events, colleague portraits, media and community activities. The DAM Administrator will also be responsible for fulfilling requests for stock imagery to be used in News & Insights articles, headlines articles, social media, email and other online channels.
The primary role of the DAM Administrator will be to organize and maintain digital creative assets, maintain digital asset database, and to deliver final assets to the requesting client. The DAM Administrator must manage acquisition of digital assets, keep metadata and usage rights for images current, must organize and track image requests, and maintain schedules to accomplish client deadlines.
• Identifies and manages third-party vendors for acquisition and/or creation of digital assets (ie: photographers, stock agencies, videographers, animators, illustrators, etc.)
• Acquires new images from third party sources, including stock photography houses, and commercial photographers and works with producers to maintain rights status on those images
• Receives and supplies receipt acknowledgment of internal, client, or third party supplied assets
• Enters metadata about the digital asset and, when applicable, event/product information that pertains to the event/product depicted in the asset
• Maintains rights managed status on assets in the database; removes from public access assets where usage rights or campaign have lapsed
• Manages asset requests from internal teams, clients, and external parties
• Organizes asset within an asset database
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of legal issues around assets and usage rights
• Coordinates and manages multiple projects simultaneously
• Schedule – Arranging event/media photo shoots and other third party requests
• Ingest – Adding files and metadata to a centralized asset repository
• Annotate – Commenting, making notes on assets to determine usage rights and any information that would aid in repurposing asset effectively
• Store – Preserving the integrity of the digital file and its metadata for the lifetime of an asset so that it can be controlled, versioned, repurposed and archived accordingly
• Retrieve – Searching, finding, accessing and/or delivering assets in the proper file formats so that the asset(s) may be used according to the intended and/or permitted use
• Deliver – QA assets from designers, photographers and retouchers that they are to spec and maintain consistency
• Manage – Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Digital Asset Management module user creation, deletion, and training
• Archive – Assist department by archiving closed jobs and clearing redundant and unnecessary files from the server. Sending files to off-site archival service when appropriate.
• Support – Provide additional support to Creative Production Manager as necessary to keep team running efficiently - Including, but not limited to, file conversion, administrative support, and quality control
• 4 Year College Degree or At least 5 years of equivalent experience required
• Strong attention to detail, organization skills, multi-tasking and self-management skills are required
• Extensive knowledge of digital image/video file formats, quality standards, resolutions, and asset naming conventions.
• Experience with Adobe AEM is a plus
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Cloud products with above average Photoshop ability