Aquent has an immediate opportunity for a Digital Asset Manager for a global Fortune 500 company. This is a nine month temporary opportunity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for applying and verifying metadata (asset type, project type, project/model information, keywords, etc.) for digital assets to increase the findability of images, videos, and deliverables in the DAM. This includes ensuring that the storing, archiving, and taxonomy information is consistent throughout.
· Follows metadata standards, and adheres to language guidelines with the use of a controlled vocabulary. Collaborates with other team members to create and streamline metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies, and taxonomies to ensure assets meet archival standards.
· Act as main point of contact for all asset requests. Follows standard operating procedures to ensure requests are responded to properly and in a timely manner, and users adhere to usage terms.
· Responsible for maintaining and preparing transport drives for photoshoots. Ensure drives are checked-out properly and data has been uploaded into DAM.
· Follows defined processes to ensure digital assets are phased out and archived appropriately.
· Audits web production files for accuracy – File naming structure, image size and dimensions, PSD layers, etc.
Special Skills Required for Assignment
• Responsible for applying metadata for digital assets in the DAM system
• Cataloging experience and understanding of taxonomy, metadata standards, and DAM best practices
• Strong Mac/PC knowledge with skills in MS Office and familiarity of Adobe Creative Cloud
• Knowledge of a variety of file formats including graphic and video files (.CR2, .NEF, .TIF, .JPG, .MP4, .MOV etc.)
• Excellent communication skills to manage all global creative requests from subsidiaries around the world
• Able to apply sound judgment while working independently
• BA or BS degree; Library and Information Sciences degree preferred