Our client in Akron, Ohio, a leader in skin health and hygiene is seeking a Digital Asset Management Specialist to implement and maintain their first cloud-based Digital Asset Management (DAM) system (OpenText Media Management). In this new role, the Digital Asset Management Specialist will shape system set up and set standards for how assets are curated and made available to users throughout the company. If you have experience in the curation of marketing assets and are excited by the thought of being the primary archiving champion as they build a best-in-class system, this may be the opportunity for you!
In this role, you will own the process, training, support, metrics, and system set up for digital asset management, with the support of cross functional collaborators throughout the company.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains a library of up-to-date accurate digital assets (photos, illustrations, PDF files, video footage, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) and makes them available to company stakeholders through a cloud-based digital asset management system (OpenText Media Management)
- Assigns logical, intuitive and efficient metadata to assets in the system
- Oversees asset life cycle, including creation, ingestion, tagging, review/approval, retention, reuse and archiving
- Leads data and asset migration to OpenText, cleaning and mapping assets prior to inclusion; quality checks data post migration
- Works closely with technology partners and IT to configure and evolve workflows and integrations that align with company marketing processes and manage system updates
- Creates documented processes for placing digital assets into the DAM system; provides training to stakeholders involved in the process; establishes and enforces consistency in folder structure, asset categorization, cataloging, naming structure, and metadata
- Develops workflows and governance standards to ensure that assets made available through the system are approved and meet quality standards
- Provides training and support for internal and external users of the DAM system, champions new ways of working
- Establish DAM reporting system that includes KPIs and dashboard to monitor DAM usage through downloads/uploads, storage consumption rates, and other system reporting
- Fosters relationships with key stakeholders and power users of DAM system; solicits feedback on system performance and functionality; analyzes feedback to find ways to improve functionality and adoption
- Serves as main point of contact for any communication related to system outage, updates or concerns.
- Stays up to date on DAM industry best practices, trends, processes and technologies and makes recommendations based on continuous learning
- Works collaboratively with PIM/DAM team and external partners to create and maintain a DAM roadmap, identifying and launching new functionality and rolling out the DAM system to new user groups
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience managing digital assets through an Enterprise DAM System; OpenText platform experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Library Science, Information Management or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in marketing, creative production, digital marketing or digital marketing platforms
- Understanding of metadata and taxonomy structures, standards and best practices
- Experience with media technologies and production workflows
- Experience with marketing materials