Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Digital Art Director with an email focus to join their team for a 12 to 18 month contract job. This Digital Art Director role is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K are offered.
As a Digital Art Director you will be responsible for handling projects from concept through execution across all digital media with a primary focus on emails, microsites, banner ads and video. Reporting to the digital creative lead within the internal agency, you’ll be collaborating with writers, developers, technology specialists, integrators, art buyers and account leads, as well as other art directors to deliver digital messaging solutions for products and services across many lines of business. You should be able to marry highly creative out-of-the-box thinking with brand/campaign guidelines while understanding both the challenges and opportunities of the digital channel.
Digital Art Director Responsibilities:
• Develop concepts, designs/layouts and campaigns for client projects, applying brand and campaign guidelines and partnering with copywriters to ensure the art direction and visual presentation support the project's strategy.
• Understand target audience’s needs and behaviors while incorporating best practices and channel knowledge to promote the best user experience and results.
• Collaborate with creative, account services, production/art studio, channel/technology partners and extended team members to deliver breakthrough creative solutions.
• Show the flexibility to fulfill design, execution and testing roles.
• Present and sell ideas internally and to clients.
• Be proficient in working with HTML/CSS/JS with a strong understanding of the differences between email vs. web development.
• Develop mobile responsive solutions (email and web).
• Establish job specifications to conform to project scope and budget parameters.
• Maintain job folders, assets and other project-related documentation.
• Work independently as well as in collaboration with teammates.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
Software Requirements for Digital Art Director:
Your work routinely requires you to:
• Work on Mac but also be proficient on PC.
• Be proficient with apps in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Suite primarily Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro (After Effects for motion graphics).
• Be proficient working with email testing tools such as ExactTarget and ReturnPath
• Demonstrate some skills using Compressor, Final Cut Studio and QuickTime.
• Use MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint