Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST Clients to help them identify a Digital Art Director for their team in Tyson's Corner, VA. The team supports a variety of customer segments, marketing and advertising for the client’s Small Business group, so this position will have a significant impact on the user experience of customers in all digital and traditional channels.
In this role you will:
- Optimize the marketing message through smart design or copy layout/copy should support the strategy, and ensure that the key message is clearly communicated, without distractions.
- Be motivated, driven, collaborative
- Be passionate about your work.
- Proactively seek and leverage feedback from those around you to push the work farther.
- Manage your own time effectively and autonomously
- Meet deadlines and deliverables; can do your job without constant oversight.
- Know how to get what they need to get the job done.
- Flag concerns in a timely manner, with a solution in mind.
- Pay attention to details
- Check for product, consistency, brand standards adherence, spelling, production concerns, other errors.
- Understand the media (print, online, mobile) and its limitations
- Design all packages/components/assets to pass production muster and for best print/on-screen results.
- Actively listen, engage and articulate yourself in a corporate setting.
- Present concepts and rationale to manager, brand strategy and/or business partners.
- Think about and can articulate strategy
- Focus on WHY someone will open the OE, click on the banner, engage with the site, respond to the marketing.
- Can lead other members of creative team in brainstorming sessions to develop marketing communications for assigned lines of business.
- Keep up-to-date on industry and marketing trends and best practices
- Understand and stay current with the environment (legislative, economic, consumer) and competitor marketing.
Additional skills that aren’t negotiable…
- A positive attitude and readily partner with all types of people
- Understand the importance of creative strategy and use it to create powerful work
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines
- Understand the benefits of process and use it to their advantage
- Be a champion for the brand standards and best practices.
(Very-Strong mandatory in all of the following) …
- Advertising & Marketing samples/portfolio
- Experience working in either/both client servicing Ad-Agency or in-house creative corporate culture
- Works well in collaboration with other creatives
- Will be a champion/evangelist for the capital one brand & one design standards/principles (has experience with brand guidelines)
- A strong presenter of work, be able to provide solid rationale as to what is being proposed in the creative work.
- Very strong digital production background (both in web, email, mobile and application environments) as well as experience in traditional (print, tv, radio)
- Skilled in HTML/CSS for banners, emails, etc
Breakdown of Attributes:
Digital first (HTML landing pages, micro sites, websites, mobile, online display banners, social) with print/traditional coming in a close second (posters, direct mail, brochures, out of home, video).
40% Art Direction:
- Has grasp of development for the conceptual (campaign big ideas), exploratory (does due diligence in competitive research, brand landscape research, mood boards, look & feel exploration), credible presence during presentations and able to speak to the work with excitement/clarity/enthusiasm and passion (good at selling the idea and the execution).
- Background in photography shoots, re-touching and video shoots to provide direction for the photography.
- Able to collaborate with external vendors/collaborators for projects and campaigns on a consistent basis, which will include reviews/feedback/conf-calls.
60% Design Production:
- Has demonstrated exceptional skill-sets in graphic design, typography, interface design (User experience design, User Interface design, Information-architecture-wire framing), information design, highly capable in illustrator creating custom iconography and info graphics based on the client’s visual language.
- Has experience in shooting photography and photo re-touching (custom photography as well as stock photography).
- Has experience/expertise working in the traditional space (posters, flyers, OOH) to bring the creative to life all the way to press ready. Have front end experience working-in digital environments such as HTML5/CSS builds for banners, responsive emails and responsive-landing-page/microsite expertise