This position is responsible for Content Operations program and tactic execution across websites, Online Travel Agents (OTA), Global Distribution (GDS) and new/emerging digital channels. The Digital Analyst, Content Operations will assist in the execution of content operations tactics that support the objectives outlined in the annual Digital Business Plan.
The Digital Analyst, Content Operations will assist Client Services Managers, executing digital marketing strategies that support the management of content and images within the digital ecosystem, driving natural search room night growth goals and optimal positioning within search engines. All tactics are designed to be economically viable, efficient, repeatable, KPI-driven, and scalable.
- Manages content on behalf of hotels across multiple digital channels, utilizing internal, external partner and DS tools and platforms.
- Manages execution of content tactics that support the overarching digital strategies and goals.
- Assists in the cross-functional training of Program Management and Client Services team members on Content Operations tactics and processes.
- Assists in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing work within Content Operations Center of Excellence (COE).
- Easily adapts to the ever-changing digital landscape to implement new processes and execute on new tactics.
- Manages execution of the following tactics (always evolving, and not limited to):
- Content and photography management and updates
- OTA content and photography management and updates
- Photography upload and processing
- OTA content score opportunities
- Third-party website photography distribution
- Comprehensive digital content auditing
- Photo gallery optimization
- Implements updates to global sites approved Meta-Search sites and OTAs, such as Expedia, Booking.com, etc.
- Reviews content for quality guidelines and standards; manages updates as necessary.
- Complies with editorial guides and standards to ensure quality, consistency and brand voice.
- Reviews photography requirements and usage rights to comply with standards.
- Cross-trained on tactics regularly executed by Digital Analyst, Content Marketing Operations (for support when necessary).
- Works cross-functionally with Digital Services Program Development team, as well as corporate, brand and support teams to advance content opportunities at the hotel level.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs inquiries to the appropriate party – vendor, agency, Client Service Manager, manager, etc.
- Works with team to execute sustainable work processes that support the Content Operations Center of Excellence.
- Employs laser focus on tactic quality and efficiency, working to ensure deliverables are completed to Digital Services standards and timelines.
- Employs the project management system and other resources in place to track tactical work for DS programs.
- Utilizes internal content management systems, as well as outside vendor dashboards and tools.
- Establishes and maintains documentation to track progress and completion for content related tactics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (SEO, digital marketing, OTA operations, content management, etc.).
- Agency internship or work experience preferred; tactical execution responsibilities a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Editorial experience a plus
- Strong writing and creativity skills
- Detail-oriented, takes initiative
- Able to effectively work independently, or at times as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).