The Digital Acquisition Program Manager also works closely with distribution channel stakeholders, digital marketing teams, finance, analytics, external agencies/ partners and IT to support the development of digital acquisition program objectives, provide ROI assessment and analysis for key program initiatives and make strategic recommendations for acquisition expansions. Outstanding problem solving, communication (written and verbal), project management, and quantitative and analytical skills and experience are required.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Digital Acquisition. Direct Reports: none
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
ROI Assessment/Analysis (40%)
- Support program stakeholders in the development of business cases and evaluation of new pay for performance opportunities.
- Conduct ROI assessment and analysis for pay for performance programs and affiliate program.
- Provide recommendations and develop media models for reviewing commissionable media initiatives as it relates ROI.
- Recommend media models to optimize the spending for pay for performance.
- Forecast the program’s spending and potential revenue and regularly review forecasts with management
- Work with cross-functional and department stakeholders to perform cost-benefit analysis and assess media tradeoffs.
- Create optimization model to set targets for the program. Model media program revenues and return on relative incremental investment to adjust spend in real time where applicable.
- Provide general analysis in support of strategic decision-making. Conduct strategic alternatives analysis. Measure the impact of strategic trade-off decisions.
- Use analysis to provide recommendations for investment trade-off decisions, Search allocation prioritization, etc.
Budget & Planning Process (20%)
- Work closely with management to provide structure and support for Direct Referral, Paid Search and Affiliate budget management including reforecasts.
- Work closely with department and cross functional stakeholders to understand and support development of media allocation requirements including key initiatives and objectives based on various external scenarios.
- Regularly monitor media spending with management and agency partners and develop processes for communicating status to digital acquisition team.
- Create, manage, and continuously evolve regular departmental media reporting process.
- Translates departmental objectives into expected quantitative results and set targets accordingly with team and agency partners
Project Management (20%)
- Conduct ad hoc projects to evaluate critical processes, program initiatives, etc. to improve resource allocation. Specifically, analyze search marketing and direct referral resource allocation and provide recommendations to improve returns.
- Meet and maintain accountability for multiple, occasionally overlapping, deadlines.
- Maintain and manage several projects simultaneously; prioritize and reprioritize workload as department needs dictate.
Monitor Industry, Channel & Consumer Trends (10%)
- Serve as industry consultant to the Digital Acquisition teams.
- Research paid advertising, affiliate marketing, direct referral, search engine trends and new search algorithms. Monitors and runs scenarios on industry changes within pay for performance programs.
- Use a variety of sources including PhoCusWright and Forrester and internal company tools including Omniture, Hitwise and proprietary systems.
- Review and recommend additional research and analysis tools.
Research & Analysis (10%)
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis projects as directed.
- Compile and present research and analysis clearly and concisely in a variety of formats including standard Word documents, PowerPoint and Excel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting with 3 years relevant work experience; or 2 full years of progressive college education leading to a degree with 5 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of paid search, online media and other search engine processes and best practices.
- A minimum of four years experience managing programs and projects.
- A minimum of two years experience with budget execution.
- Exceptional statistical, analytical and problem solving skills to include reasoning skills such as storage, retrieval, matching and execution skills.
- Excellent, verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Master at Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to facilitate the objectives of the department under general direction, while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems with multiple complex variables
- Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priority task simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of analysis tools such as Tableau, web analytic and tracking tools (Omniture) and competitive intelligence tools (Hitwise).