We’re now looking to grow our London office with a new account director to support our Global Account Director. With a new pipeline of exciting clients and some amazing projects coming up, we need to strengthen our client servicing team and offering within the UK and Europe. The main aim of this role will be to support existing clients and to focus on organic growth within these accounts.
Coming into this role you will own the relationships with your clients, have responsibility for understanding the brand strategy, the brand logistics and market landscape. You will strategically lead client meetings and workshops and be a respected advisor for your clients on their brand positioning and marketing plans. You will also manage all financial aspects of your accounts and ultimately responsible for communicating your projections to the wider team.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter and someone who’s used to working in an autonomous style. We are not a micro-managed culture so we’re looking for someone with entrepreneurial flair and someone who is able to build strong relationships with our clients as well as all stakeholders - both internal and external. It’s an exciting role within a close-knit team, there are also plenty of opportunities for future personal and professional development within the wider network.
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the client's business and actively seeks opportunities for further account development.
• Demonstrates the ability to integrate emerging technologies into client recommendations.
• Becomes an expert on their assigned clients – is responsible for driving growth on assigned brands as appropriate and is alert to changes in clients’ marketplace.
• Actively recommends strategic and non-traditional solutions to process issues and proactively demonstrates strategic recommendations to the client.
• Ensures that they adhere to processes within the agency at all times and identifies any key issues that need attention.
Client Relations/ Communication Skills
• Proactively manages the relationships with clients and seeks opportunities to strengthen/build these.
• Communicates clearly and frequently with the client counterparts – handles client objections and defends the agency at all times.
• Has compelling presentation skills and presents data in a clear, succinct manner.
• Communicates client activity to senior managers and ensures that all opportunities for client growth are realised.
• Seeks opportunities to showcase the agency’s work among current and prospective clients.
• Manages the tactical brainstorming and planning process.
• Detects strategic inconsistencies and develops solutions whenever possible, demonstrating the ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Has the ability to deliver work that’s on time, on budget, true to the clients’ original objectives but delivered with a real creative edge.
Strategic and Tactical Planning
• Approaches the brand from a holistic perspective, looking at all digital options to develop outcomes that meet client objectives.
• Shows resourcefulness and thoroughness in developing tactical plans (including budgets and timelines)
• Maintains and drives collaboration among third party partners
• Has the ability to see the big picture and identify the key/broad issues while still driving the process and details
• Develops communication objectives and strategies (e.g. marketing/ brand platform briefs)
• Knows the overall performance at any given point in time throughout the year and prepares and presents regular account forecasts.
• Ensures work is completed within budget by project and knows key details on overages by job.
• Understands the agency revenue and profitability model and aggressively monitors fee performance to ensure account profitability.
• Determines and negotiates budget needs and provides input to fee development.
• Vigilantly seeks to optimise the agency’s services and internal resources.
• Keeps an accurate record of time spent on client work via timesheets and attains client % billable target.
• Is responsible for timely and accurate revenue forecasts.
Interpersonal/ Leadership Skills
• Supports the strategic direction and desired culture of the agency and assists in recruitment of further client services team members.
• Manages all team and client expectations to ensure a positive and productive working atmosphere.
• Is transparent in all communications with their manager and wider team, agency and colleagues.
• Solves client issues and moderates conflict whoever possible.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs