Devices Marketing Manager
The Devices Marketing team works closely across Multi National device manufacturers, local device manufacturers, and the Distribution and Reseller channel, to deliver commercial and consumer marketing and value propositions.
Development and implementation of co-partner marketing with UK partner accounts. This role will work directly with a selection of accounts, supporting the Partner Account Manager to drive marketing activity with the aim of providing a return on investment and helping to grow market share. You will act as a trusted adviser to the partner, consulting them on their marketing plans and ensuring that they execute according to guidelines and within defined timescales. This role requires an excellent attention to detail as there are specific processes that need to be followed to ensure that we meet strict compliance guidelines. This role will also be responsible for communicating the benefits of our products and solutions to our partners and will need to think of creative ways of going to market in both B2B & B2C scenarios.
- Marketing manager works closely with the Partner Account Manager to understand the priorities for the accounts for which they are responsible.
- Develop joint marketing plans with partners and ensure the Partner executes these plans in the agreed timescales.
- Communicate and inform our partners on products, marketing efforts, engagement opportunities, events, resources and training, etc. to drive partners to action on key metrics.
- Manage and be accountable for the Local Marketing Budgets and any central funding Programmes.
- Train partners on the Marketing Programmes to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that plans are coordinated with the relevant business leads to avoid duplication and ensure that the ROI is as effective as possible.
- Measure program effectiveness/return on investment data, and correct as necessary to meet business goals.
- Identify trends in partner markets/competitor activity, anticipate long-term programme needs and propose creative programmes or solutions.
- Coordinate and track marketing programs/budget.
- Create quarterly marketing Business Reviews to showcase marketing engagements.
- Represent Devices Marketing on relevant virtual teams relevant to this role.
- Feed into the Monthly (Rhythm of the Business) ROB and reporting with relevant examples and data points
- Work with the EMEA Marketing managers and report back on activities
- Support the Device Marketing team in terms of driving a positive culture and taking on stretch projects as appropriate.
Key Success Criteria:
- ROI of marketing programs and the ability to execute in fast changing environment
- Execution of Global Marketing Campaigns at a local level
- Device success with the partners and internal devices showcase
- Windows revenue performance and Premium Windows Mix, share of PC and tablet markets
- OEM partners level of satisfaction with OEM Marketing (CPE survey)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
1) Essential Experience -
Experience in a partner marketing or related role preferably with experience at or working with the Partners
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, delivering against tactics effectively & accurately.
- Ability to take Market Intelligence and use this to identify market opportunities
- Ability to Prioritise activities in line with goals.
- Ability to work cross group in the EMEA, Corp and UK Sub organizations.
- Ability to take on stretch projects whilst delivering against their core objectives
- Good Knowledge of the overall IT industry and market.
- Providing detailed reporting on ROI of Marketing activities and understanding the difference between incremental sales and run rate and how to achieve the former.
- Evidence of leadership through managing v-teams or projects from conception through to delivery.
2) Technical/Functional Skills –
- Experience of working in the channel would be an advantage to be successful in this role.
- Core marketing skills / good interpersonal and communication skills
- Core presentation skills / confidence
- Ability to develop value propositions for Partners against key products
- Ability to manage budgets / proven numeric ability
- Organized and detailed
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills -
- Ability to develop strong relationships at multiple levels
- Ability to manage a very large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast-paced environment
- Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- Very strong team player but with ability to work on own initiative
- Customer focused, and Customer satisfaction oriented
4) Qualifications -
- Relevant degree or Institute of Marketing qualification
- Sales/marketing experience (in software industry preferred)
- Special Requirements/Additional Information E.g. Language Skills
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Clean driving license
- Ability, within reason, to work outside normal hours as dictated by business requirements i.e. partner and event travel.