Our client, an innovative technology company in Cambridge is looking to hire a Sr. Front-End Developer to join their team on a permanent, direct hire basis!
This is a role with a cloud-based platform company that empowers problem solvers to quickly turn ideas for better ways to work into apps that make their organizations more efficient. For nearly 20 years, people of all technical backgrounds have been using this company's platform to create solutions that streamline processes, capture real-time data, and improve company operations while working in concert with existing IT systems. Based in Cambridge, MA, this company has a 6,000+ customer universe of app-enabled businesses that spans all industries and company sizes, and includes more than half of the Fortune 100.
The company brings a strong culture with a flexible work schedule and extensive employee support.The right candidate will offer have an eye for visual design and be a strong, systematic thinker and bring the below skills to the table:
As part of our customer acquisition team, you will have the opportunity to solve first time user experience problems and have a direct impact on both our customers and our business. You will use proven approaches like TDD and Continuous Integration to build quality in from the ground up.
This person must be able to code pixel perfect designs and be ready to be a sr developer leading teams and projects. Must be expert with React and Node and looking for a long-term job home!
Qualifications for this role:
- we would prefer someone with a BS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of what great software looks like: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, object oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with CMS (Craft CMS a plus)
- Experience writing and editing queries for MySQL
- Experience working with REST API is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus
Behavioral and Interpersonal skills required for this role:
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and problem solving ability – both strategic and tactical planning
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders in different teams to influence change through a matrix organization
- Self-starter, resourceful and intellectually curious
- Natural ability to be transparent and open to feedback
- Sense of urgency without sacrificing quality
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, strategic and tactical planning and analytical skills. “Can do” attitude and intense desire to excel
- Collaborative, team player with high standards and ethics