DevPub Systems Manager
This is an opportunity to play a key role within Global Online in developing best-in-class systems for providing development support and publishing services. The Global Online team supports the company’s game teams around the world in building online game experiences and related monetization capabilities. The Development Publishing
Services team is responsible for providing the process and infrastructure to facilitate this partnership.
The DevPub Systems Manager will be responsible for designing the workflow for the JIRA support system, ensuring the resulting system meets the needs of the various development support organizations within Global Online. This role also includes customizing and extending JIRA to meet the needs of the support process, including security
configurations, notification policies.
Additionally, the DevPub Systems Manager will be responsible for other aspects of driving the creation of an intranet and extranet infrastructure. This includes negotiating security policies, authentication requirements, configuration of the Confluence wiki installation used for product documentation, systems for distributing SDK software packages, and participating in definition of systems for submitting game software builds.
• Define vision for support system, documentation infrastructure, and external access.
• Plan, manage and communicate milestones and deliverables for projects from start to finish.
• Work with other Global Online leaders and stakeholders to define support business process and support SLAs.
• Use JIRA workflow and security policies to implement support business process.
• Support configuration, management and customization of Confluence wiki system.
• Manage offshore resources to customize and extend JIRA and Confluence as necessary.
• Define reporting to monitor support SLA violations, escalation procedures to support team leadership.
• Provide support metrics to Global Online leadership with an eye to driving excellence in game team customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• Direct experience managing and customizing JIRA and Confluence systems.
• Similar experience managing and customizing other helpdesk support systems, defect tracking systems, media
wikis may qualify as well.
• Experience working on or managing multiple simultaneous interdependent projects with competing objectives
and priorities in the time frame required.
• Experience defining and documenting business processes.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiating, and organizational skills. Clear focus under pressure.
• Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Can be relied on to follow-through on assignments, identify problems, and recommend solutions.
• Background in remote access policies, IP protection policies a plus.
• Also desired is some experience with Active Directory, web server configuration, Java development, PHP
development, database development, data warehouse, BI reporting systems, or web analytics.
• 5 to 8 years of experience managing or coordinating large cross-functional projects.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
DevPub Systems Manager