Client: International software company is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their Cloud RnD team based in Reading. This contract will run until the beginning of December 2017 due to the team needing extra help throughout one of their busiest parts of the year.
You will have the opportunity to work on the development of Cloud based, content archiving platform using the latest technology. If you want to be part of creating a whole new genre of enterprise products then this is the role for you.
- Build, maintain and improve Build and Release infrastructure for multiple release streams of Enterprise Scale n-tier software products
- Design, build and maintain a secure Windows and Linux based server infrastructure
- Design and build automated deployment frameworks (CI/CD)
- Set up and maintain TFS including source code repository, build workflows, definitions and libraries
- Establish code base integrity, check-in validation rules, and branching & merging processes
- Collaborate with scrum teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure, performance testing infrastructure and troubleshoot issues
- Incorporate and maintain static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage tools in build infrastructure
- Design, enhance and maintain automation, deployment and orchestration of infrastructure using tools like Puppet etc, for various needs like automated regression, UAT, etc.
- Manage software release activities, escrow process for main software releases, cumulative hot-fixes, etc.
- Provide capabilities (services) to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
- Design, develop, improve operational processes including automated backup and recovery procedures, security and patch management
- Create and maintain run books and operational documentation
- Drive root cause analysis and resolution
- Analyse performance and capacity for all components in the engineering lab environments
- Evaluate advancements in DevOps, new infrastructure and tools; look for ways to bring more effectiveness and efficiency.
- 4+ years of experience in Build and Release engineering, DevOps scripting and automation
- Hands-on experience in maintaining code repositories (TFS, Git/Stash)
- Hands-on experience working with build scripts and tools such as MsBuild, Ant and Maven, Powershell/batch scripts
- Experience with Microsoft Server Technologies (Windows Server, IIS, Exchange, PowerShell scripting)
- Team player with demonstrated collaboration skills to work with IT/Lab and engineering scrum teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively work with distributed engineering teams using Agile development methodologies
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience in Team Foundation Server 2015, MSBuild scripting and C# language
- Deployment of MS SQL Server 2008 & ndash; 2016
- Deployment of Java, Web Services (RESTful APIs), .NET stack
Keywords: Python, Linux, Java, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
Knowledge of email and communication systems and journaling (MS Exchange, Skype for Business) and OAuth Technologies, Azure
Experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian) including scripting (Bash, Python)