DevOps Engineer - Perm - London - £60k
We’re working hard to be the UK’s first choice alternative to a bank. Through their technology and data capabilities, they have established themselves as one of Europe’s most innovative payment and banking solutions companies.
With deep market knowledge, a track record of innovative “firsts” and a highly experienced management team, the company has a reputation for providing tailored and effective payment solutions extending far beyond its roots as a prepaid card provider. They have already processed over £6 billion in payments, issued over 1 million cards and more than doubled
their profits year on year over the past three years.
You’ll play an important part in execution of their strategy to accelerate this growth further as they unlock the value within our data assets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps engineer to join the busy Technology team, to assist in their goal of automating, stabilising and enhancing our environments across the organisation.
In addition to the above, we will also consider candidates from a strong development background within .NET. We understand that making the switch across to DevOps does require a good understanding of the software development lifecycle. The company has a number of upcoming and in-flight projects that will enhance, transform and future proof the company systems; aimed at reducing business project lead times, and delivering “best in class” service to our most important asset – their customers.
They have riverside offices next to London Bridge station. The company financial values diversity and the unique contribution each of our colleagues makes.
• Utilising existing and emerging DevOps principles, administer tooling for build, deployment and availability throughout the platform.
• Working closely with Digital Delivery and Data departments, provide “best in class” platform solutions to all aspects of the business, enabling rapid deployment of projects via continuous
• Implementation of processes that push the boundaries of rapid deployment.
• Ensure Operating Systems and Applications are uniform, and where possible managed via a centralised process.
• Create and maintain Automated deployment of the Dev and Test environments are aligned to production standards. Where differences occur, seek out ways to eliminate obstacles to achieving
• Discover and remove single points of failure within the application and platform stack. Ensure HA flows from application to core hardware platforms.
• Ensure systems are appropriately monitored, logged and issue alerted.
• Appropriate logging and auditing methods utilised to produce meaningful reports for incident investigation and trending purposes.
• Assist in identifying problems with the internal systems
Essential experience and knowledge:
• Strong experience working within a Development/Operational environment –
• Experience of .Net Development
• Experience with orchestration tooling: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Docker
• Proven track record of delivering automated services
• Good understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment principles
• Good understanding of Windows Server Environments and Architecture
• Experience with deployment and configuration management
• Understanding and experience with code deployment.
• Ability to deliver in a fast-moving environment with changing priorities
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture
• Working knowledge of F5 load balancers and CheckPoint appliances
• Exposure to logging and monitoring tools.
• Understanding of networking principles
• Exposure to cloud based services
• Able to work with third party companies, to facilitate delivery of Brand Values, accountability, transparency, respect, approachability, credibility and trustworthiness.