DevOps Engineer - London - £485 per day Dependent on Skills & Experience
Our client is one of the biggest travel companies that owns and operates several international global online travel brands. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer with focus on monitoring, to join their team based in central London, on a contract basis for six months - (possible extension).
You will be working on the creation of a new Alerting platform.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
- Drive technical direction at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Design, spec, schedule and provide quality implementation of a component or feature (typically 1-3 months in duration).
- Provide alternative solutions to a given problem.
- Resolve problems and roadblocks, with management assistance if required.
- Follow through on details and drive issues to closure.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Work collaboratively with all members of technical staff.
- Collaborate with program management and testing peers in the development of assigned components.
- Participate in and provide input to requirements definition.
- Provide solid judgement calls and trade-off analysis.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ Years hands-on experience. Preferably within an e-Commerce environment
- Strong Development background
- Excellent knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Python, Ruby or Go