• Format typescript and graphic elements using computer software to produce publication-ready material.
• Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
• Position text and art elements from a variety of sources in a visually appealing way, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
• Convert various types of files using computer software.
• Study layout or other design instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations.
• Collaborate with graphic artists, editors, writers, and clients to produce master copies according to design specifications.
• Customize templates and techniques to produce graphics work; recommend changes to improve graphics capabilities.
• Collaborate with customers to finalize graphics components (i.e., layout, images, content, etc.).
• Requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
• Proven ability to plan, organize, format, and produce complex documents and multimedia products, using publication software and content management tools.
• Knowledge of the end-to-end documentation process, from intake to printed and electronic output and distribution.
• Ability to capture information and create documents in real time.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)-including the use of templates and styles-and Adobe Acrobat (including Distiller).
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop).
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs