Our global automotive manufacturing client is seeking a versatile Designer / Print Production Specialist to join their team. This a is an on-going, long-term project on site in Auburn Hills, MI.
Under general direction, performs a variety of technical and support services involving printing and production operations; assist with cost analysis and establishes and maintains production schedules; performs related duties as assigned.
- Develop specifications, coordinates, schedules and facilitates printing and production services; review bids; organizes and implements a production work schedule for processing requests; develops and maintains job log for assigned projects; creates and implements an accountability system for each phase of the production schedule to insure the timely completion and availability of projects; researches, evaluates, and forecasts trends in commercial printing technology and processes; provides direction and support during schedule interruptions to accommodate emergency requests.
- Provides consultation and assistance to internal stakeholders during project development regarding the printing production process including how to coordinate and facilitate the project's requirements in a timely manner, formulating and preparing print requests, choosing appropriate paper and ink/color combinations, and the impact of choosing the appropriate paper quality for the finished print job; recommends various printing techniques; recommends cost reducing methods as well as cost analysis and timeline impacts for specified projects; acts as a resource to advise appropriate printing and production methods to meet print needs within budgeted goals; coordinates and manages printing and production requirements with outside vendors as necessary.
- You will work directly with our design team to ensure visual and brand integration as required*Assist with retouching tasks, including cropping, resizing, color manipulation, and removing artifacts to be compatible with project and legal requirements
- Revise designs to incorporate required changes and ensure creative excellence standards as required including:
- Web-based initiatives, including courseware, web sites and portals
- Print materials, including brochures, banners, posters, displays, and other collateral
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current advertising/marketing themes to ensure message consistency and impact
- Assist in the collection and distribution of graphic assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary
Ideal Candidates will possess:
- BA degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Understand the importance of branding and visual communications.
- Strong proofreading skills and an eye for design and layout
- Knowledge of: web design, print shop operations including the relationship between graphic artwork, offset and digital printing, and printing products; procedures for estimating job costs, supplies, and related materials and resources; maintaining print schedule formats to project needs
- 5-10 years of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including experience working as a lead in business printing and production needs
- Extensive customer service experience; experience in print and production cost analysis