Our client focused in the preservation of the entertainment industry is looking for a part-time Designer with management skills to work on-site for 2-3 months. You must be willing to get your hands dirty, with a concentration on Web Design, and manage 2-3 other designers. Some work will be 'conservative' per the clients request. However, there will be some opportunities to let your creative side shine!
The Director, Creative Services leads the design and web services teams by conceptualizing, developing and executing creative strategies and campaigns for print and digital design. In addition, the position is responsible for understanding how design can be translated into motion and web.
- Create effective, eye-catching materials ranging from national print and outdoor advertising to direct mail solicitation and catalog/magazine layouts to web banners and social media to packaging – and much more, by using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create presentations to promote programs and initiatives.
- Articulate project goals; reinforce creative parameters and present creative work to fellow project team members and clients.
- Negotiate pricing and coordinate design materials with outside vendors, including printers, mail houses, etc
- Perform a multitude of projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are consistently met and standards and budgets are maintained.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in graphic design or related field.
- 5-8 years hands-on professional design experience in entertainment, packaged goods, advertising or a design agency.
- Strong ability to think strategically, envision design concepts and execute direction with minimal supervision and revision.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Presentation design using PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Proven experience with brand design and execution.
- Strong leadership, time management and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.