Approximately 5 month contract.
JOB SUMMARY: Leads the design, development, production and preparation of creative graphics, commercial art and technical illustrative layouts and materials for the company and/or a specific business unit. Administers and coordinates the planning, layout and preparation of complex commercial art work for inclusion in product brochures, displays, presentations, slides, proposals, technical manuals, and similar graphic applications requiring a creative graphics treatment. Functions in a conceptual and creative mode independently coordinating many projects.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager
Education: Undergraduate studies in graphics, design, illustration or related field.
Experience: Typically 7 or more years of related experience in all aspects of the graphic and
art design field, from concept through project completion. Must have experience in visual
communications including multi-media, print, and electronic. Must have project management
Knowledge: Must have extensive knowledge of layout, design and graphic applications, concepts, and theories. Proven knowledge of computer graphics software programs including Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Flash and Director. Must have knowledge in cross-platform issues and solutions, offset printing processes and limitations, branding methods and strategies as well as company visual identity guidelines.
Skills / Competencies: Must have a high level of creative and technical skills necessary to create effective designs, layouts and graphic illustrations for visual communications across a wide variety of media. Must have strong project management and decision-making skills to lead a project from start to finish, and be able to function in a flexible and adaptable mode to support changing customer requests. Must have strong skills in the operation of advanced computer graphics, illustration, animation, and software programs. Must have interpersonal and problem- solving skills. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels within the company as well as with outside vendors.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads in the design, development and implementation of the graphic, layout, printing
specifications, and production for brochures, displays, programs, presentations, promotional
pieces and other communication material for the company and/or business unit.
2. Serves as the project lead in creating and designing advertisements, sales promotions and
public relations material for visual communications media including print, multi-media, and
electronic . Originates complex design, art and copy layouts.
3. Leads the design and preparation of complex graphics and formal layouts that include finished
artwork or illustrations. Oversees the evaluation and assessment of materials and graphic
services in order to ensure accuracy in the design, color and graphics.
4. Consults with internal and external customers regarding the desired outcome and audience.
Researches design options and production methods. Determines the appropriate technology
and software to be used as well as the production schedule. Recommends and consults with
customer on the appropriate communications and graphic design options.
5. Leads the administration and coordination of in-house vendor services in order to meet
production requirements. Negotiates costs with external vendors and determines final printing
and bindery/finishing specifications. Determines style, size and arrangement of type and
illustrations. Provides instructions or directly assembles and prepares final layouts for printer.
6. May be responsible for the adherence, compliance and use of company brands and logos.
7. Oversees the production phase and project budget.
8. Plans and coordinates workflow/assignments for art design unit/team. Provides input to
9. May provide procedural direction to unit/team personnel on projects. Monitors training
procedures and performs training duties. Acts as technical liaison with other departments.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of new or revised procedures, practices, or
policies in regards to graphics/art design.
11. May assist in the planning and production of still digital photo illustrations as it relates to
graphics and color manipulation of photographs for company publications, literature and displays.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Approximately 5 month contract.