Aquent Studios seeks a Designer to support our existing business with a prestigious law firm. This is a salaried, long-term contract with full benefits. This position is part of a team of Aquent Designers sitting on-site at our client's offices in Manhattan.
The Designer will work on Tier 3 and Tier 4 projects as well as revision cycles on higher tier work as needed. Tier 3 and Tier 4 work tends to be very quick turn requiring technical proficiency, accuracy, and speed—which will be key skills needed for the Designer. To address the expressed concerns regarding the level of creativity on Tier 3 and Tier 4 projects (e.g., evites and journal ads), the Designer will be qualified to understand the audience and tailor templated design appropriately. The ability to select the right imagery for evites and ads will be a key skill required.
Designs, revises layouts, and conducts photo research for a broad range of B2B marketing communications and internal communications, working within well defined visual brand guidelines and templates. Understands Firm’s various audiences and identifies appropriate imagery to achieve communication goals. Achieves and maintains working knowledge of client’s visual standards, communication deliverable types, and processes. Complies with standardized workflow requirements.
- Design and revises layouts utilizing copy and other inputs.
- Build and finalize files as required for various channels (offset, print, digital)
- Understand and apply clients’ style guides (editorial/brand) and legal requirements.
- Participate in client meetings as required.
- Conducting photo searches utilizing existing photo library.
- Utilize project management tools efficiently, accurately tracking time and activities to projects.
- Adhere to studio standards and processes.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with members of studio team.
- Demonstrate production proficiency and attention to detail.
- Meet all assigned deadlines.
- Execute edits with accuracy, elevating any questions/concerns in a timely manner ensuring that deadlines are not impacted.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Strong portfolio of previously produced work.
- Strong technical aptitude, including Macintosh OSX and PC proficiency.
- Proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) programs including but not limited to InDesign, Acrobat, Bridge, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint design and template development.
- Basic understanding of Word template development.
- Ability to multi-task comfortably.
- Adherence to demanding deadlines amidst rapidly changing priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Works well individually and in teams.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
To Apply:Please apply through our website. If you experience technical difficulties, please email akijanka [@] aquent.com.