Dedicated to Aquent Studios accounts and reporting to the VP of Aquent Studios, this position will develop concepts, execute visual designs according to client provided creative briefs and style/branding guides, oversee the quality assurance of production design teams, and execute design and production projects. The role will collaborate closely with Aquent Directors to understand client marketing strategies, target audiences, and communication objectives for all visual communications, including print, web, email, and social deliverables.
The Senior Designer must be able to be on-site at our office or at client offices in downtown San Francisco on short notice. We cannot consider candidates out of the area.
- Understand clients’ marketing strategies and end users objectives and requirements
- Present well-organized creative concepts to clients as required, articulating how design strategy will achieve specified objectives
- Campaign design, from print to digital (social, emails, landing pages) to experiential and video
- Maintain an excellent grasp of brand identity guidelines (visual and editorial) and insure that they are consistently followed on all projects (trademarks/logos/colors/tone-of-voice), as well as copy proofing and writing/editing
- Follow through with quality creative execution of print advertising and communications that achieve desired marketing objectives
- Collaborate effectively with copywriters, other designers, photographers, production artists, video editors, etc
- Oversee brand training of new designers
- Oversee quality assurance of production designers on certain accounts
- Assess project requirements and assist business development efforts to develop accurate design estimates and project timelines
- Evaluate design projects for adherence to brand standards and provide detailed recommendations on compliance to brand and publication specifications to production artists
- Ability to initiate and articulate concepts across various forms of media and collateral
- Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate ratio of clear space, content, and graphics to achieve a consistent brand look and feel
- Understands components, cycle times, and distribution requirements for integrated marketing communications campaigns with strong knowledge of press and finishing technology
- Ability to respond and perform swiftly and seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team
- Expert level of proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs including but not limited InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography for both visual style and content
- Ability to be on-location at client sites in San Francisco as needed.
- Experience in luxury or beauty brands a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines.
- 2 + years’ experience providing mid-level art direction
- Has excelled in a fast-paced high-pressure creative services matrix environment with demonstrated ability to keep multiple projects on track and on budget
- Experience performing creative and brand reviews
- Experience pitching concepts and creative ideas.
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices for production of communication deliverables
- Experience with effectively providing direction and overseeing production artist work
- BA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
- Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance subsidized
- Paid weekly
- 401(k) through Fidelity
- FSA's and Voluntary insurance programs
- Access to free training and continuing education