We are looking for a industrious, dynamic designer to help us elevate the visual experience of our technologies and exhibits. You are dedicated to doing great work and think in multiple dimensions - not only in pictures and pixels, but in sound, motion, interaction and technology. You’re a progressive, tech-savvy, next generation designer who is passionate about working quickly and delivering exceptional visual experiences and interactions to our users.
Responsibilities (Top 3 designated below)
1) Create design and visual communications across all mediums - small screens, big screens, huge screens, VR, projections, theatrical effects, etc.
2) Work with experience design leads to deliver high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototype to communicate interaction and design ideas.
2) Produce art assets (illustrations, icons, templates) and style guideline documents for use across the team.
- Gauge the usability and design of new and existing experiences, this could range from a web app that helps coordinate exhibits and technology within a physical space, to an interactive exhibit dedicated to communicating the brand's story, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Work closely with cross-functional members of the team (Design Leads & Engineers) to deliver great work in a scrappy environment.
- End-to-end execution from art direction to sketches to pixel perfect production mocks
- BA degree in Design or related discipline, or minimum 2+ years experience in a role related to visual or graphc design.
- Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
- Experience in both visual communication and interaction design (Required skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. Illustrator and Photoshop), After Effects, Sketch) and the ability to prototype/mock up these designs
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality. Strong command physical installation design.
- Familiar and excited about latest trends in interaction, art and technology.
Nice to Haves:
- Smart, bold and accessible sense of design.
- Strong grasp of the Google brand, design aesthetic and philosophy
- Comfortable executing quickly on new ideas.