Vitamin T is currently in search of a Designer for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term contract role!
• Concept high-quality award-winning print and/or electronic creative product.
• Handle multiple timelines for client initiatives
• Team with designers in completion of work or campaign development.
• Handles projects from original inception through pre-press production layouts as assigned
• Originate ideas across: Retail merchandising and environments packaging identity, direct, interactive, collateral systems, and brand image design
• Acts as primary designer, concepter in creating original ideas and concepts for assigned projects.
• Defines design vision and brand look for client, presents work and supports work with consumer insights and rationale.
• Participates in developing ideas for new business
• Take direction from creative leadership team.
• Work in a team situation with a designer and CD/ACD – collaboration.
• Build strong credibility and good working relationships with clients
• Interpret creative briefs and provide creative concepts
• Designs for print, broadcast and online (web and micro sites, online advertising campaigns, email and mobile marketing).
• Presents work internally and externally to clients as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelors degree in Design, Art School or Advertising School Graduate – e.g. BFA in Design
• 3-5 years experience in agency or design firm
• Recent designer with strong production skills
• Advertising or design agency experiences (or strong in-house retailer agency ala Target Corp/Best Buy advertising)
• Portfolio demonstrating strong creative concepts and execution
• Current and hands-on with all applicable software –Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration, Adobe InDesign, Quark, Flash and/or HTML a plus
• Strong conceptual abilities and original thinking for clients
• Self-directed, responsible, able to meet deadlines
• Strong internal communications skills to broader team
• Stays current and on-trend in the industry
• Participates in industry associations, enters awards
• Diverse multi-disciplinary experience, including but not limited to: retail promotions, retail merchandising and environments, packaging, identity, advertising (both print and broadcast), direct interactive, collateral systems, and brand image design
• Strong typography and foundational design skills, compositions, color
• Range of client experiences
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards