One of our Fortune 500 clients in the Financial Sector is looking for a Dynamic Designer/Art Director on location in their Newark NJ office. This is a 3-6 month contract opportunity with the option of going temp to Perm. It is with a great team that working on creating engaging new collateral and digital assets for their business. Supporting sales in this endeavor will be a key element.
They are seeking a dedicated, energetic, highly conceptual Senior Art Director who is capable of handling multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced in-house design environment. The Art Director will be responsible for creating innovative solutions for B2B and B2C markets.
This candidate must possess a sophisticated aesthetic sense that works across multiple digital and print media, a dedication to innovation and a love for the convergence of design and technology. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of execution and delivery of solutions that combine strong concepts and usability with an engaging storytelling experience. Reporting to the Manager, Design, this candidate will design a wide variety of challenging projects. There must be a focus on bringing our Business Partners’ sales and marketing goals to life in the most engaging ways possible to help drive business results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Multimedia or related discipline from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of digital and print design experience.
- 3 years’ experience in financial services, retirement services or similar industry experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to develop strategically-based conceptual ideas and execution
- Strong communications in highly collaborative environment.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in motion graphics, 3D, web design, eMail and user interface/information architecture conventions and print design.
- Thorough knowledge of user experience deliverables such as site maps, storyboards, wireframes, functional specifications and style guides.
- Efficient production and optimization habits, impeccable problem solving skills and excellent verbal skills.
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating concept work across a range of platforms.
- A background in brand identity and print/advertising design is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively. A positive approach is essential.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Software proficiency: Adobe CS, HTML, CSS and Microsoft Office.
- Software preferred proficiency: Final Cut, 3D rendering