A large energy client of Aquent's is looking for someone to join their Web Design Team as they build a microsite in responsive design. This person will be responsible for creating the overall guidelines and look of the microsite.
The ideal candidate will have strong visual design skills, design research skills, an innovative approach that breeds new thinking, a strong understanding of graphic design (type, color, layout, composition, motion graphics), a current understanding of the web vis-à-vis consumer facing brands, trends and current approaches, an understanding of web technology, and an ability to work collaboratively. The ideal candidate will also have worked in designing for a responsive web site on the bootstrap framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with stakeholders to understand their requirements from the web site
• Develop a standardized web site design that engages, attracts and informs
• Partner with copywriters and user experience lead to conceive, develop and execute compelling creative to engage customers and prospects, ensuring text and images harmonize.
• Review and proof creative to ensure accurate rendering across various operating systems and browsers
• Proactively offer suggestions and strategies to drive engagement and revenue through web design and presentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Possess strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills
• Able to collaborate with teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
• Outstanding web graphic design skills
• Strong communication skills and client orientation
• Experience with CMS systems
• A blended background of in-house and agency experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in web design or graphic design (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years’ experience designing websites in a corporate or agency environment working with big brands on projects that include mobile and responsive design.
• Solid understanding of web design best practices pertaining to e-commerce, including defining site objectives, understanding target-audience goals and driving conversions and user acquisition
• Pro-active self-starter and independent thinker with ability to be creative, flexible, and detail-oriented under daily deadlines with multiple projects
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs