We have a unique opportunity for a strong print Designer crossing over into the digital realm. This is a new position with our Studio on-site at a prestigious law firm in New York City - overlooking Central Park. We are looking for a technically proficient Designer with a keen eye for detail that has hands-on experience designing and coding HTML emails and some web production experience.
Currently our designers provide well designed JPGs for emails. We are looking for a Designer with the skills to create the current designs within HTML: creating tables, type styles, image placement, image editing, etc. In addition, we are looking for this Designer to contribute to the updating and maintenance of the firm’s responsive web site. Hours are 10:00am – 6:00pm OR 10:30am – 6:30pm.
At this time, 80% of the work is print-related and includes a broad range of B2B marketing communications and internal communications. It is expected the role will focus more on digital over time. Our client's environment is corporate with quick turnaround times. The Designer must be able to intimately understand an audience and be able to tailor templated designs appropriately. The ability to select the right imagery for evites, journal ads, and other deliverables is key. In addition to strong design ability, the work requires excellent attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Achieve and maintain working knowledge of client’s visual standards, communication deliverable types, and processes.
- Understand and apply client's style guides (editorial/brand) and legal requirements
- Comply with standardized workflow requirements.
- Build and finalize files as required for various channels (offset, print, digital)
- Utilize project management tools efficiently, accurately tracking time and activities to projects
- Communicate effectively with members of studio team to meet assigned deadlines and execute on edits with accuracy
- Strong portfolio of previously produced work – current examples for print and digital.
- Recent/current experience in full lifecycle of print (long and short) and digital (email and web)
- Strong technical aptitude, including Macintosh OSX and PC proficiency
- Proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) programs including but not limited to InDesign, Acrobat, Bridge, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency and understanding of HTML 5, CSS and Dreamweaver.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ equivalent experience.