Our global client in Milwaukee, WI is looking for a dynamic Design Thinking Facilitator to add to their growing team.
What you will do:
As a design thinking facilitator/coordinator, you are a charismatic speaker and have an ability to lead teams in design thinking methodologies. You show flexibility in the way you tailor your approach to any audience and have the ability to improvise your plans to fit any situation. You bring stakeholders, customers, designers, engineers, etc. together to solve complex problems collaboratively using a broad range of design skills. You will work closely with the business to understand their challenges and to create the best design activities possible., You also, coach them on how valuable design thinking is and how it can be utilized to overcome any obstacle. You are the champion of design thinking, human-centered design, and the needs of the customer. You represent the user to groups who will sometimes have little exposure to this style of co-creation and development.
How you will do it:
- Use design thinking principles (ideation, prototyping, testing, etc.) and tools to facilitate sessions for a wide range of audiences, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with the business, designers, engineers, etc. to co-develop design solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Manage the entire design thinking life cycle of any given project that comes through the studio doors.
- Ability to handle complex projects with varying degrees of uncertainty.
- Serve as an advocate and champion of the end users, research, design and design culture to stakeholders that have little or no experience working with designers while keeping in mind business outcomes.
- Ability to partner with sales team during early customer engagements to build better understanding of outcomes customers are looking for.
Ideal Candidates will possess:
- Undergraduate degree (required): BA / BS in design-related field, social sciences, or closely related discipline.
- Graduate degree (strongly preferred): MFA / MBA / MPS in Design, Service Design, UX Design, Industrial Design or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in facilitation and design.
- Experience with Workshop Facilitation, Design Thinking and Qualitative Research techniques and methodologies is required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing across functions, teams, and various levels of management including senior executives, customers, and industry partners.
- Proven experience facilitating workshop or events for large groups with success and consistency.
- Occasional travel may be required to build and maintain relationships and to gain a clear understanding of user needs.