Title: Design Studio Traffic Manager
Overview of role
The Global Marketing Team helps:
• Ensuring clients and targets have a consistent understanding of what PA stands for increasing the quality and seniority of PA’s client relationships by tailoring our strategies, propositions and communications.
• Building more ongoing dialogues between clients or targets and PA through the creativity, agility, and responsiveness of our communications
The Traffic Manager plays a central role in the Design Studio, which is an integral part of our Marketing Functions. The role is responsible for many of the tasks, which are the key to running and maintaining an effective studio. Scope entails effective scheduling, processing trafficking and reporting for all design team projects from brief to completion, the resource booking, studio promotion and communications – building positive client perceptions through transparent liaison between clients and the design team, to co-ordinate efficient and timely design project processing, coordinating training and photo shoots and IT management.
Purpose of Role/
Briefing: Monitoring intake of client briefs to ensure that all the correct information is obtained at the beginning of a project developing full briefs for small projects and working with the managers and seniors to develop more complex project briefs.
Negotiation and dispute resolution as support to job designer/manager
Estimating/Quoting: Advise clients of expected costs on small jobs or liaise with design manager(s) or senior designers to obtained detailed cost estimates for large projects and log information as required
Liaise with the Print Buyer about any external costs and schedules – print or exhibition material.
Production logistics/scheduling: Work with clients and designers to plan and deliver design projects, ensuring timescales and budgets are monitored and met and that the client is kept informed during all stages of production.
Overview of what projects are being worked on at any given time to see what capacity there is for new work or work returning with edits. Ensure that the all the appropriate information is available for the designers to start projects.
Ensure the evening shift designer is fully briefed (by self, manager or designer) on any project they are due to undertake.
Photography – scheduling monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc shoots
Reporting: Supply timely information to the managers to allow them to make decisions. Supply detailed and regular feedback on progress to all clients.
Job updates, Utilisation, client satisfaction and dashboard reports and budget monitoring for the studio
MIPAC, DORIS and PeopleSoft responsibility for self. (DORIS – Design team job tracking database).
• Database management: Support Brand and Design Managers (and designers) in booking in and managing project data and job tracking as required
• IT: Monitor and liaise with IT on issues and new requests for hardware and software within the studio
• Resource: Induction for new resource - Freelance/Full time
• Booking, tracking and liaison with managers and HR. Induction schedules
• Studio: Studio meetings - Organise monthly meetings and manage agenda. Support all team objectives to ensure these are met.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to:
• Brand and Design Manager
% of time
• 20% Project planning
• 10% Database management and management reporting
• 40% Job tracking and client reporting
• 20% Estimating and quoting
• 10% Billing /General admin
Key Relationships: Traffic Manager will work closely with:
• Creative Manager
• Design and Brand Managers
• All design team members
• HR, Recruitment and IT teams
• Marketing Managers and execs
• Management consultants and partners (client deliverables)
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience of design studio management processes and multiple project management.
• Has experience working in a similar environment
• Good understanding of design and production methods.
• Clear understanding of design project processes from brief to Implementation
• Able to demonstrate 5-7 years’ experience in an agency or creative / corporate environment.
• Knowledge of SCRUM methodology in project development would be a bonus.
PC (Windows Windows 7/8) Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (PC), Adobe Acrobat
Creative software and print (Adobe Creative Cloud), Job tracking software
Online print approval and FTP systems (supplier dependant)
Someone who is bubbling with enthusiasm, an excellent organiser (especially work parties!), efficient, can work to tight timescales with good attention to detail. Someone who loves talking and meeting new people. Excellent client liaison skills with a good telephone manner. Someone who understands social media and often tweets!. Written and spoken English is a must. Solid understanding of cost management and figures.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: Design Studio Traffic Manager