Design Studio Manager - January Start (Open to Temp to perm) - Based near Sloane Square
An exciting opportunity to join a luxury goods retailer for someone with previous design studio coordinator experience within a luxury fashion environment who has a desire to take the next step to progress their career.
The Design Studio Manager will be responsible for providing key support to the Production Team.
- Coordinate the activity of a Design Team of nine people, acting as a contact point for all areas of design and production.
- Work with the Senior Designers, assisting in all matters of travel, diary management and business expense preparation
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the critical path - anticipating and resolving issues as appropriate in order to meet deadlines
- Assist with the organisation and management of special events such as launches and shoots
- Involvement with the coordination of ecommerce shoots and related sample management
- Provide essential support to the Senior Designers when preparing for fashion shows and presentations – liaising with Agencies, negotiating for hair and make-up artists, working on stylist days as required
- Responsible for both the design studio and showrooms during selling collections, including the organisation of travel, shipping, invoicing, prototype inventory and model booking
- Track and regulate expenditure for all members of the Design Team
- Some personal assistant duties for the Senior Designers
- Other general office management duties as requested
We are looking for the idea candidate with....
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- A reputation for efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to juggle many different priorities; to raise issues promptly and to report efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build strong, professional relationships with all relevant parties both internally and externally
- A robust style with a willingness to be flexible and think outside the box.
Are you available to work at the start of January? Please get in touch.