The Studio Administrator plays a central role in the Design Studio which is an integral part of Design Team. The role is responsible for many of the tasks which are the key to running and maintaining an effective studio. Scope entails the resource booking, supplier management and purchasing, studio promotion and communications, aspects of project and workflow management, coordinating training and photo shoots, IT management and performance reporting.
• IT management - Monitor and liaise with IT on issues and new request for hardware and software within the studio
• Resourcing - Freelance/Recruitment Booking, tracking and liaison with managers, traffic coordinator, agencies and HR - New Joiner/leavers inductions (laptop, phone etc..), induction schedules
• Review of studio processes - Monitor, manage and communicate change
• Photography – scheduling monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc shoots
• Reporting – Job updates, Utilisation, client satisfaction and dashboard reports for the studio
• Studio Marketing and comms coordinator – coordinate external (wide PA) and internal studio comms including intranet (pyramid) sites
• Studio meetings - Organise monthly meetings
• Team training coordinator – central point of contact for general information and tracking of team training.
• External PA logo request monitoring (to support head of brand)
• Distribution and logistic on design related projects
• Filing and housekeeping – Monitoring print samples, studio displays, network file structures control
• Purchasing - Studio Stationery Specific projects
• Copy Centre install coordination
• Support on Image library creation Project management and client liaison
• Taking briefs and communicating back on jobs
• Chasing and scheduling and project logistics - with project leads and traffic coordinator
• Print buying
• Negotiation and dispute resolution for client satisfaction responses - with support from job designer/manager
• Supplier liaison – with print buyer
• Building and monitoring evening workload - with traffic coordinator
• Estimating/Quoting General team related
• Proof reading (buddying)
• Good working knowledge of job tracking system
• Support all team objectives to ensure these are met.
• MIPAC, DORIS and PeopleSoft responsibility for self. (DORIS – Design team job tracking database).
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience of design studio management processes.
Good understanding of design technology and production methods.
Clear understanding of design project processes from Brief to Implementation (For Database management)
Able to demonstrate experience in an agency or creative corporate print environment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs