Seeking a passionate creative pioneer with a deeply held belief in advocating for customers and the ability to evangelize the role of design in a rapidly evolving company culture. The Design Strategist role is a blend of design management, design strategy and human-centered design advocate. If you have the desire to make a difference in changing people’s lives by realizing the dream of home ownership, we want to hear from you.
The Design Strategist is responsible for effectively generating a strategic understanding of user needs and marrying that knowledge with the goals of the business, product and technology teams to drive a plan forward to improve customer experience. The design strategist facilitates insight generation through empathy interviews, leads ideation workshops and communicates their findings and concepts in strategic design artifacts. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the voice of the customer is captured and honored throughout the product lifecycle, collaborating and building consensus with other teams so that the design vision is faithfully executed. The Design Strategist is a key member of the expanding Customer Experience Design team.
Key Job Functions
· Utilizing Design Thinking processes and techniques in collaboration with business and technology leaders and practitioners
· Ensuring that customer insights are applied to proposed features and functionality for a portfolio of digital products, building consensus around design strategy and thinking.
· Serve as an advocate for the customer; collaborate with product teams to ensure that customer needs have equal weight with business value and technological feasibility.
· Lead and facilitate discovery workshops aimed at teasing out pain points and key customer needs.
· Facilitate, identify, track and measure key success metrics.
· Utilize project coordination expertise to manage schedule, risks/issues and budget within assigned area
· Assist in building and maintaining design strategy practice and standards across Single Family
Qualifications / Specialized Knowledge & Skills
· Bachelor's degree in design, marketing, business or related disciplines
· Experience working with executives and directors; consulting or agency experience preferred
· Strong knowledge in human-centered design principles
· Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
· Current on latest design management and design strategy techniques and trends
· Ability to facilitate cross-functional design sessions
· Ability to collect and synthesize user research insights
· Ability to develop and communicate the user’s mental models
· Experience in creating insight-driven design strategies
· Highly collaborative work nature; with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Not afraid to ask the tough questions and propose creative solutions
· Ability to formulate learning agendas for product designs
· Awareness of Agile / Scrum and Lean Management methodologies
· Experience utilizing the Design Thinking methodology