Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Executes Design strategy in design of Starbucks stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with Sr Design Manager.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution
Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores. Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from Construction and Real Estate based on direction from the Sr design manager.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Sets schedules with alignment from Construction and Real Estate. Communicates dates to team and meets all established deadlines.
Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Ensures alignment across cross functional teams and regional and market teams on individual store designs. Participates in schematic reviews with Operations and Design Reviews with Global Design. Participates in market tours to gain cross functional alignment in market priorities.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents. Responsible for the development of all schematic drawings and all store palettes in a market.
- Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants. Ensures all intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings. Checks drawings for design intent. Conducts site visits as needed.
Partner Development & Team Building
Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results. - Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures continued partner development and development of direct reports. Creates development plans. Provides coaching and conflict resolution.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements. - Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents
- Management in a national company - Managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments - Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations - Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs