Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to our customer's success by creating outstanding store designs for a regional market that upholds the Customer Experience, meeting brand design expectations, cost, schedule and operational requirements while working with a cross functional team. Models and acts in accordance with guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Provides design vision for regional stores in alignment with Global Design Strategy
- Executes Design strategy in design of stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes. Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports and external consultants, promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Ensures all new stores and renovations reflect new concepts meeting established design quality expectations, including Brand Relevance, New Concepts, Esthetic, Innovations, Local Relevance, while protecting the brand
- Contributes to Global Development Design projects and Business Goals in partnership with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores. Designs stores that meet Design quality standards, individual store budgets, and market requirements with alignment from Construction and Real Estate based on direction from the sr design manager.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Sets schedules in partnership with Construction and Real Estate. Communicates dates to internal and external team and meets all established deadlines.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Gains alignment with regional and market teams on market specific strategic design direction and incorporates into individual store designs.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents. Responsible for the development of all schematic drawings and store palettes in a market.
- Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants. - Leads the design vision and process for each project in the market.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners and consultants to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures continued partner development and development of direct reports. Creates development plans. Provides coaching and conflict resolution.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Interior and architectural design experience in a retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents - 7years
- Management in a national company - 2 years
- Managing outside design consultants, including architectural, interior, MEP, and others
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create innovative designs by interpreting design objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Demonstrated ability in industry trends, building and health codes, 3D visualization, and color and design principles
- Knowledge of current sustainability trends and practices preferred
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design vision in visual, written, and verbal formats
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Annual Managed Expenses $9.5M
- Direct Reports 6-10
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs