Are you a Design Manager with experience with patterns, trend research and graphics for accessories, fashion and/or home? Top Entertainment client is seeking a top-notch Design Manager for a 2 month temporary assignment with potential to extend!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: TREND and DESIGN
• Interpret product trends, graphic vision and trends into successful product lines
• Conduct constant Trend Research across multiple avenues regarding influences in all consumer segment markets, including key product types, competition, retail, and trend services
• Partner with Accessory and Fashion and Home teams to compliment and co-ordinate development
• Develop special trend presentations and creative direction as needed, for key retail partners
• Work with Director to develop strong Franchise/Licensing, Global Creative, and Licensee partnerships with regard to design, vision and execution PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
• Review and mange creative direction of all licensed product development, from concept stage, to line sheet, to pre-production – with a focus on brand integrity, age appropriateness, differentiation, construction, silhouette and trim details and monitoring appropriate quality
• Look to advance and elevate the product, whenever possible.
• Look to develop best practices and implement and share across all areas.
• Possess intimate construction knowledge of product and components in regards to design and development
• Oversee and maintain creative needs by licensee.
• PEOPLE SKILLS
• Influence others through education and collaboration
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners
• Partner with licensing team and strategize/determine overall needs of the business
• Create and maintain positive team environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Self starter
• Performs well in a fast paced team environment
• Must be proactive and meet deadlines
• 5-7 years experience in Product Design, preferably with Home or Stationery experience • 3-5 years experience as a manager
• Background in Print, Pattern, Graphics and familiar with embellishments
• Experience with Licensed product a plus.
• Familiarity with manufacturing and apparel construction
• Ability to provide creative and art direction
• Leadership skills a must
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills
• Excellent trend and color sense
• Computer skills, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel
• Strong presentation skills