Exciting career opportunity for a Design Leader to join a multidisciplinary innovation lab. This role offers exceptional creative freedom to work collaboratively defining project strategy as well as working hands-on to develop prototypes. You will be managing a team of 10 visual designers/UX/UI professionals working cross-functionally on a wide range of cutting-edge projects and new products that make a difference. The right candidate will have 8-10+ years of experience successfully leading design teams, preferably in an innovation setting (i.e. MIT Media Lab). Interested and qualified candidates may apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org their resume, portfolio (samples of screen/physical devices), salary expectations, and a brief statement why you are the right candidate for this role.
- Design Team leadership/management experience. Proven leadership experience with a small team, and energetic and collaborative leadership style.
- Proven conceptual, storytelling, and design abilities.
- Strong eye for design in a broad sense: layout, color, typography, filmography, and motion direction, but also form, structure, and overarching user experience.
- Ability to bring ideas to the table, explain your point of view, and take feedback and direction – and to guide your team to do the same.
- Mastery of standard design and presentation tools.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to discussions and strategy during the entire design and development process.
- Ability to adapt and pivot while leading your team to do the same.
- Excellent communication skills: You know how to present your designs and communicate what problems they are solving.
- Portfolio of work both for the screen and for physical devices