We’re looking for a senior Print Product Design Director for an awesome elearning and education company! The Design Director is responsible for working independently as well as with the internal editorial team and key stakeholders to develop high-level concepts and see them through completion for the new products. The Design Director will both develop visual designs as well as recruit and manage third party design firms and internal design resources. He or she partners with Editorial and Design departments to prototype and design highly effective educational print components, provides direction to outside vendors and internal staff and reviews deliverables. The ideal candidate will have at least some experience in education but we’re ideally looking for someone that is a strong creative lead that can manage multiple departments on a high profile project.
The impact you'll have:
• Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
• Manage project from concept through completion
• Working with the Creative Director, establish creative direction for the entire product line
• Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners; generate multiple
• Manage team members
• Provide quality control over concepts and project
• Design features with a focus on student engagement, employing best practices for UX, seamlessly utilizing print work experiences, but never losing focus on the concept that engaged learners are better learners
• Monitor schedules and provide information for status reports.
• Escalate design, budget, schedule, and quality issues as appropriate.
• Actively pursue ways to streamline development processes.
• Manage time and resources effectively.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement.
• A passion for exploration and consumption of print and digital media.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, illustration or related field or equivalent work experience.
• experience in educational publishing, or children’s media
• experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role
• Expert knowledge of layout, graphic design, composition, art, illustration, development for varying delivery platforms, and standards.
• Expert proficiency in Adobe CC suite of applications (PS, AI, INDD); proficiency with Microsoft Office. (Mac OS).
• Able to adapt quickly to new technology, new processes/procedures, in an environment of continuous improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly exercise independent judgment.
• Proven success at developing collaborative working relationships with team members.
• Highly effective with presentations and working with various teams (one-on-one, small/large group, remote).
About this job:
This is a full time, on-site role in Billerica and this contract is 1 year. There is absolutely the possibility to convert to perm after 1 year or extend.